Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A Love Affair and a Snow Suit

Isn't it funny how nothing interesting happens (to write about) for weeks at a time and then all of a sudden within a few days a whole bunch of stuff happens? No? It's just me...ok, awkward moment. Anyway, I was driving to work tonight thinking about all the random little stuff I had to blog about, so I'm be prepared for a few back to back posts. Oh! I have an idea! Instead of constantly checking my blog to check if I posted anything (as I know everyone does, hehe) you could just follow me by email and get a notice to your inbox whenever I post something. Just put in your email address in that little rectangle thing over to the left that says 'follow by email', it will send you an email which you have to confirm and then every time I post something you will receive a lovely little message from the Weaver Family. I know, you're excited. I actually tried it out myself and it's super easy and you don't get any other messages other then the ones that let you know when there is a new post.

OK, so on to my stories.  The first one is a love story.  A love between a little girl and her dog.  It's actually between a little girl and three dogs but the other two are fast enough to squirm out of the grip of the two and a half foot hug strangler.  Wolfie, unfortunately, is not.  Therefore, Alexa has become increasingly obcessed with him.  She follows him around, says hi to him, tries to pet him, hug him, lay on him, wiggle with him (she sees Wolfie and Minnie wiggle together and tries to join in).  It's to the point that, due to the frail state of Wolfie's back, we have to either lock him in another room or be within 3 feet of Alexa to pull her off of him in case she decides to attack.  I mean, hug.  Wolfie still loves her but he said that he would like it to be more of a long distance relationship.  And I don't blame him.


 It all starts with an innocent pat.
 And then she wants to snuggle.

 My other little story is that we went to Panama City Beach this past weekend.  Nick had to go to a meeting there for school so Alexa and I went along to see the beach.  Little did we know, it was going to be like being in the freaking arctic.  OK, so it wasn't that cold (a high of 51, I think) but the wind was ridiculous.  Like, knock a baby over ridiculous.  We tried to go to the beach, but after only a few minutes we decided to go shopping instead.  This was a much better use of our time because we found a huge plaza/mall thing that had a Carter's store and we got some Christmas PJs for next year on super clearance.  My mom would have been proud.  It's too bad it was so cold and windy because the beach was beautiful. Not like the nasty beaches in south Florida.  Like, there was actual sand.  Imagine that.  We are going to have to go back when I don't feel like I have to wrap my child in a snow suit.



No comments: