Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Ballet Blues

I need help getting out of a rut.  It's about dance, I'm not motivated at all.  Not motivated.  Not inspired.  Not being creative.  Nothing.  Everyone knows that I teach dance classes as my second job and everyone knows how much I love doing it. I'm constantly thinking about new things to do and choreographing in my head.  Any time I hear a good song I try to do a combo in class or something like that.  Actually, at this time most years I'm already thinking about and getting ideas of what I want to do for the following season.  This year, I have nothing.  It's been like this since August when we started but for some reason, lately, it's gotten worse.  I'm not even really excited about the dances that are completed (and I usually love my dances).  Plus, it was super hard for me to choreograph anything this year, which has never been the case.  I don't know what it is.  I'm not even excited to go to the studio at all.  And I'm trying not to have a bad attitude in class but I feel like sometimes I just can't help it...especially when the girls act like they don't want to be there either.  I've tried watching old videos and even watching videos online of competitions and stuff but it just makes me think that their choreography is better then anything I could do which just makes me that much more frustrated.  Oh well, I suppose I'm done complaining.  I guess I'll just have to get over it and suck it up.

No comments: