Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Yellow Day!

We had Yellow Day!!! I decided that it might be a fun thing to have a color day once every week or two to help Alexa learn her colors. OK, so I know that she is way too young for this but I feel like if we keep doing it, it might turn into a fun little tradition. Plus, Nick and I wanted to finger paint. We decided to start out with the primary colors, move on to secondary colors and then do days for pink, black, brown, white...stuff like that. (Although, I forsee 'Black Day' being slightly controversial) We all wore our yellow shirts and did things like...

Eat a yellow breakfast of bananas and Cheerios
(which happens to be what she eats for breakfast everyday)

Look for things around the house that are yellow.

Played with yellow finger paint.
(We made home made paint which was more like finger glob as opposed to finger paint. Alexa was not that interested at all. In fact, this picture was taken in the three seconds that she actually touched her hand to the paper. Most of the time she was showing us the paint on her hand until we wiped it off...then she found a ball)

We practiced breathing with her aerochamber, which also happens to be yellow. :)


She played with her yellow ball...


... the yellow steering wheel thing...


...and we picked out the yellow toys (while we were upstairs in the yellow room!)

All in all, it was a pretty good day. I think next time we are going to do blue. Speaking of blue, look at my pretty dining room!!! It's my favorite room in our house, especially at Christmas time!




No comments: