Monday, January 16, 2012

Uh Oh Spaghetti-Os!

We went home for my Dad's birthday!!!  We were going to be home for other reasons but that party got cancelled.  No worries.  We celebrated my dad's birthday instead (which apparently was a big deal because we never celebrate his birthday other than the usual Boston Creme pie).  Have I ever talked about the birthday Boston Creme pie?  Well it's a running joke in our family that we never get to eat anything that my mom doesn't like.  For example, on the rare occasion that my dad would have to feed us dinner we often got Pizza Hut because we all liked it but mom thought it was gross.  My mom loves Boston Creme pie (only the one from Publix), therefore, we always got a Boston Creme pie as our birthday cake.  Now, I don't want this to sound like that's the only birthday cake we got because we definitely had a 'birthday week' which included many birthday parties (all of which had their own cake).   Back to our weekend.  We brought the dogs with us so Minnie and Rosie got to hang out again.  They love each other.  Rosie just puts up with our other dogs but her and Minnie are BFFs.  Also, Nicky was down for the weekend so he gave Alexa her Christmas present (as if she needed another present).  It was a little shopping cart with plastic food and two spots for her baby dolls, which is perfect because both Rachel and Temperence got to ride in the cart.  Alexa loves it she pushes it around all the time and loves to fill it up with anything and everything.
 I guess Grammy wanted to hold Rachel and Temperence but Lexi didn't like that too much.  She had everyone at dinner banging their hands on the table too.  It's hilarious what we'll do for her entertainment!


 Oh!  And Brittany came over on Sunday!  I'm going to brag a little bit and write about my friend Brittany.  She got a job dancing in an opera!  How cool is that?!  We are going to try to go see it which I am also pretty excited about because I've never been to an opera before.

One more cute thing to write about...
Alexa says 'uh oh'.  I think she picked it up at school because we don't say it at home very much.  Anyway, when she says it, I automatically say 'uh oh Spaghetti-Os'.  Don't ask why, just consider it a turret-like symptom of mine.  So yesterday I was listening to her walk around saying 'uh oh, sedio' over and over again.  Hilarious.

No comments: