Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Nick's Log Blog

For some reason, in the past month or so, Nick has discovered the fact that I have a blog.  Well, not really.  He knew that I had it before but referenced it only to say how I make fun of him (like in this post, which I still feel is highly informative) and degrade him as a husband.  This usually leads to me telling him that he shouldn't take me so seriously and to pretty much suck it up.  You know who you married.  Anyway, since some people he knows started reading my little blog, he is now (in true Nick fashion) all about it.  Seriously, I don't understand where all this confidence in me comes from.  He tells me how awesome I am (and really, who am I to correct him?) but it kind makes me feel like I have to live up to it.  For example, after this past weekend's competition we were talking about the various awards that my dances got and he said (and I quote) "well, I really expect nothing less from you".  OK, great, you believe in me, but no pressure!  So, back to my story.  He now randomly throws in little comments about my blog or asks me if I'm going to write about something in it.  When we were driving to Jacksonville he announced (after I rightfully corrected something he said) that he was going to start his own blog which will pretty much document every time that I correct him.  So then for the rest of the weekend he would randomly shout out something like this:  "3:41 - My wife tells me I'm wrong".  Well that's boring, who wants to read about that?!  Plus, you're not even saying what you were 'wrong' about, you have to be more specific. (I'm almost positive that this prompted another shouting of the time and accusation).  I told him that what he is writing (in his head) is not a blog, it's a log.  It's a log blog.  Just a list of things he's wrong about.  I can't help it if he says the wrong word sometimes or uses incorrect grammar or takes too long to do math in his head.  And, really, I'd rather correct him then have someone else have to do it.  I'm making him a better person.  He should be grateful.  (hehehe)

P.S. - Nick really is a wonderful person who uses excellent grammar and says the right word 99% of the time (which far surpasses my skills).  I just really do find it necessary to point out when something wrong slips out.  Call it a personal flaw on my part.  Also, this is a true story with some of my own sarcasm thrown in.  The conversations were true...my superiority complex, not so much.  I do not, in fact, think that I am as awesome as Nick thinks I am.  (that was a disclaimer solely for him in prevention of further time and accusation shouting)

P.P.S. - It's 5:23am and I'm really tired right now, almost delusional.  Consider this part of my own Log Blog.

P.P.P.S. - Nick chose to put up the pool by himself this year.

No comments: