Sunday, August 28, 2011

Mommy and Me

Alexa and I went to our first Mommy and Me class on Friday. It was a music class held at the hospital that my friend, Dana told me about. Dana and I both grew up in Hollywood. She's a year or two older then me and our brothers are the same age so she was Sean's sister and I was Ricky's sister (which was the just the start me being known as "Ricky's sister". More on that some other time.). Anyway, we both ended up in Tallahassee and both ended up pregnant at the same time. She is one of those random people that I haven't really talked to in years, yet I stalk her on facebook. And apparently she stalks me too which made me feel slightly less awkward and creeperish. So, the point, Alexa and I went to this class. It was at 11:00 which is probably one of the worst times for her schedule so we left here early so that she could nap in the car on the way up to Tallahassee. I actually ended up sitting in the parking lot at Michael's, knitting (yes, I knit. Do you have a problem with that?!) while she finished her nap. Speaking of knitting, I have this hat that I just finished for Nick and it's huge. If you know of anyone who has a monstrous sized head, please let me know because I'll send him a hat. Back to the class. Picture your stereotypical mommy and me teacher complete with guitar and everything. OK, so she was there leading us in song as I took pictures of my kid (and Kaydence) crawling around the room. About half way through the class I realized that I was the only obnoxious one with a camera. Dana was taking some pictures with her phone but that's easier to disguise. Slick. I probably should have been interacting more with Lexi since it was a mommy and me class but you know what, she was way to interested in everything else that's going on. She spent the first 5 minutes with me and then she kept creeping further and further away. Oh, and she was the only one who threw a fit in the class too, of course. They gave out different things for the babies to hold and play with for each song. The first thing was a drum and mallet. When they came around at the end of the song to take it away Alexa was not having that. Sigh. She did better with the other stuff though. All in all I think she had a good time and I had fun. We are going to have Thursdays and Fridays to ourselves so I think it will be a fun thing to do to get us out of the house a little bit. And it's nice that we have a day to recover from daycare/work on Thursday. It's a pay as you go kind of thing so if we don't want to go one week it's not a big deal. Plus it gives me a good excuse to go shopping afterward. I'm already in Tallahassee, I might as well! Here's a picture of Alexa and Kaydence planning their next move.

No comments: