Friday, October 30, 2009

Tallahassee Drivers

I have had to do a lot of driving back and forth to Tallahassee the past few weeks which has brought me to a conclusion. Tallahassee drivers completely suck!!!! Seriously. Every time I encounter the awesome driving skills of Florida's capital city, I think to myself "self, calm down, this person is an idiot but it is not fair to group all Tallahassee drivers with her" (and yes, I said 'her' for a reason). Well, I was wrong because they are all horrible. I know what you're thinking. "Kristin, you have lived there for over a year now, aren't you technically a Tallahassee driver too?" No. I learned how to drive in south Florida therefore, I am not a Tallahassee driver. And I am by no means claiming to be the best driver in the world. I know my faults. But these people are rediculous!!!! So, to all of you Tallahassee drivers out there, a few pointers:

1. If the speed limit is 55, it is NOT OK to go 32.
2. Those lines on the road? They are to tell you where your car goes. Your car goes between the lines, not the line going down the center of your car.
3. If there is more than one lane going the same direction, it is not ok to drive the exact same speed as the person next to you. Especially when that speed is 10mph below the speed limit.
4. That stick coming out of the left hand side of the steering column? That controls the BLINKER. Use it.
5. The rear view mirror is not there for you to put on your make up or check out what your kids are doing in the back seat.
6. Get off the phone because apparently you can't do multiple things at once.
7. Pick a speed. At this point, I don't even care if it's really slow, just let me get around you. It is not ok to speed up as someone is passing you.
8. When two lanes merge, it is not ok to go real fast to get in front of someone and then slow way down.
9. Quit swerving. I'm not sure what it is you're doing, but wake up, put two hands on the steering wheel and drive.
10. Please, for the love of God, get your kids/dogs out of the back of your truck. The way you drive, you will most definately get in an accident and if you're child is lucky, I will see him in the PICU.

Those are my main ones. Believe me, over the past few weeks, I have said all those and many more. To all you Tallahassee drivers, I hate you all.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I laughed through this whole thing. lol