Monday, November 3, 2008

Today I...

drove a tractor. Yeah, that's right, completely not kidding. Today I drove a tractor. It's not my tractor (obviously) it's Randy, our project manager's. He's kind of like a contractor but not so intense. Anyway, he came by the house yesterday to drop off his tractor for us to use to clean up and get ready for the stone to be put up. The dumpster we have is for building materials only (it get's recycled) so there's random trash all over the place, it's pretty gross. The idea is that instead of picking up each individual piece of trash and walking it over to the trash pile to be burned, you just fill up the front of the tractor and then drive it all to the pile at once and dump it. Because of Nick's back he hasn't been at the house (how convenient) so Randy gave the key to me. He asked if I had ever driven a tractor before and I told him that I had driven a fork lift. He chose to ignore my comment (I don't know if he thought I was being sarcastic, or if he just ignored me) and he said to tell Nick that it was here for us to use if we wanted. Well this man clearly underestimates me (hehe) because today I drove his tractor, ha. Well, Nick had to tell me how first. It's would be self explanatory if anything was labeled, but I had to make sure so I wouldn't mess anything up. It's pretty much like driving a fork lift except it has a clutch and the fork lift goes faster. Anyway, I was there by myself because Nick was on his bedrest and there was no one to take a picture of me so here is a picture of the tractor and me driving it from my point of view. If you ever need anyone to operate any farming equipment, I'm your girl. You don't even know.

3 comments:

sandrasueb said...

This is hilarious - been thinking about you - hope all is going ok.....

Katie said...

I love it!!! And Im very impressed!!

Anonymous said...

I heard your were splitting wires this weekend too!