Sunday, November 2, 2008

Herniated Discs

Ok, so apparently these things gravitate toward me. About 9 or 10 years ago Nick hurt his neck when he was at a national guard training and then a couple years after that he was in a car accident that aggrivated it. He had an MRI then and, according to him, the doctor said that he has two herniated discs (C4-C5 and C5-C6). Every year or so his neck starts hurting and about two years ago it hurt so bad that he actually went back to a doctor for pain meds. So Tuesday morning, after I had slept for about two hours, Nick woke me up practically crying in pain. Apparently he slept wrong, something about a missing pillow. I took him to the ER and a shot of Toradol, and 2mg of Dilaudid later he was still in pain. Crazy, right? That would have totally put me on my ass! The nurse even made a comment about how he was "not a small man" (haha) and she was impressed how he was able to walk out of there. Anyway, it's now 5 days later and we are out of muscle relaxers, he finished his prednisone today, he only has a couple percocet left but at least he is able to walk around the house a little bit. Maybe Monday he'll go back to work. Between Wolfie, Minnie and Nick, I'm over the whole herniated disc thing. My dad said that he should fall off a ladder, it worked for him. I'm looking into that.

No comments: