Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Someone Get That Girl a Corndog, STAT!!!

So I was on Pinterest today, which is one of my new favorite websites to go on. Anyway, I came across this pin that was probably one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen. Here it is:

Wrong. Are you freaking kidding me?!?! That is such bullshit. I have been both skinny and chunker (just ask Katie about my triple chin 'fat Kristin' years) for my size so I feel like I'm in a good position to call bullshit on this pin. First of all, there are lots of things that taste better than skinny feels. Lots. Shall we name a few?! Brownies, ice cream, bread, pasta, peanut butter balls, cheese, pepperoni, tacos, any breakfast food. I could go on and on. Second, did you look at the girl in the picture?! Whoever thinks they are going to be able to look like that (and thinks it looks good) is delusional. My thighs haven't been that thin since I was 3 months old, and I am completely OK with that. I don't need to wear a little bikini to the beach, I'm perfectly happy in my skirt bathing suit. She looks anorexic. This is like the poster-pin for the FATS (Future Anorexic Teenager Society). Wouldn't it be hilarious if there was actually a group called the FATS?! I may have to try to start one. hehe. OK, off topic. I just can't get over how someone would look at this and honestly find motivation in it without making themselves feel like crap. Obviously you are never going to look like her. She is barely a real person! Whatever happened to feeling comfortable in your own body and having a positive self image? What happened to exercising and eating right (not that I eat right at all) to get to your own personal ideal body weight? All I have to say is that whoever came up with this phrase obviously has never had a peppermint chocolate chip milkshake from Chick-fil-A.

No comments: