Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Disney and such

I know you have been anxiously awaiting to hear about my exciting life, but you see, I couldn't post anything because for the past week I've been on my deathbed. OK, small exaggeration. It was 5 days with the stomach flu. But Nick told me today that he had never seen me so sick (and he's known me for 16 years, so I was pretty sick). My point...there will be a couple of back to back posts to catch up on what's been happening.

First of all we went to Orlando last weekend to meet up with my parents. It was Katie's birthday so we kicked her out of her apartment and took over for the weekend. She doesn't like her birthday anyways, right Katie?! (Sorry about that) On Saturday we took Alexa to Magic Kingdom. I would put a super cute picture of her smiling and enjoying herself but there isn't one. She wasn't necessarily miserable all day...but I think she didn't know what to make of everything. There were a lot of people there, she met Minnie and Mickey for the first time, she went on a ride, went in the Tiki Room. That's a lot to take in. So her face all day was pretty, well, neutral.See? She just didn't know what to think. Other then her confusion at the large stuffed mice, she had a great weekend! We mainly just hung out, ate, got her pictures taken. Typical stuff that we do. She walked a lot by herself which has started a major walking trend. I decided that I was done counting how many steps she took when a few days ago, I got up to 23. We're just going to go ahead and say that she's walking. But she'll only do it when and where she's comfortable. Which means in her room and outside on the grass. Other places she will hold some one's hand and walk but she won't take those long strolls by herself anywhere else yet.

What else? Oh, her cute and healthy obsession with phones is turning ridiculous. Everything is a phone now and if she sees a phone or someone on a phone she wants it. Oh, and on a related and equally not so cute topic, she now hates the word "no".

One more thing! Alexa started talking!!! Well, kind of. She now says (or kind of says) the following words: Dada, Mama, Rachel (her doll), Jennie (my doll), hi, bye, yeah, ball, doggie, Wolfie (for some reason, Wolfie is 'Wolfie' and the girls are 'doggie'), bottle (have I talked about the weird obsession with water bottles? Who would have ever thought a water bottle could be so entertaining!), and book. OK, so maybe some of them are babbles that just happen to sound kind of like the thing that she's pointing to but whatever, she's close! And the first 8 words she definitely says, for sure. By the way, we are quickly going to change 'yeah' to 'yes'. OK, that's about enough blogging for now, I need to go to sleep. Still recovering from the illness. Seriously! I contemplated going to the ER!!! No joke...

No comments: