Wednesday, September 14, 2011

New Goal

I have decided that my new goal in life is to be a professional blogger. Except that I have no idea how to go about doing that. Any suggestions? I suppose I need followers and maybe someone to comment every once and awhile. Hmmmm...anyone want to jump on that? How do you even get paid for blogging? I know some people have ads on their blogs and get paid for a certain number of clicks on the ad but I don't know about all that buisness. I was introduced to The Bloggess last night and her blog is fantastic. Hilarious. Maybe you need to be funny to be a professional blogger. It probably doesn't hurt that she's a writer too. It would probably also be helpful for me to actually post something on a semi-regular basis. I'll work on my part, you work on yours.

In other news, someone has been taking some steps recently (I'll give you a hint, one of her nicknames is 'two feet of dynomite' - more on that some other time). Last weekend we were at a friends house watching the FSU game and Hot Stuff pulled up on me, let go and walked two steps to Nick. (Did I tell you this already? I feel like I have.) Anyway, she hadn't really taken any steps since then...until last night! We were playing in her room and she decided to let go of her bookshelf, stand for a little bit and then walk to me! Two steps again! I'm going to add this to the list of reasons why she's a little OCD like me. One step for each foot. You have to be even. I understand, little baby, I understand. Oh, in semi-related Alexa news, I started thinking this past week about how I can't call her things like 'little baby' or 'the baby' or 'pretty baby' (you get the idea) anymore because her birthday is coming up and after October 1st she technically won't be a baby anymore. That's sad. And I know, I can call her 'baby' all I want even after she's past infancy but I like to be correct in my terminology. I feel like it's appropriate. Here's a picture of the little toddler (it just doesn't sound the same as little baby. Oh my God, am I going to call her 'little school aged girl' when she's 7 or 8?! Maybe I should just stick to 'Hot Stuff') with Nick. Please excuse the nasty FSU-wear. See what a good wife/mom I am, putting my kid in FSU stuff because Nick likes them?! Her dress is actually super cute and I've been trying to find a Gator one like it. If you know where I can find one, please let me know! OK, so small update: the stupid computer I'm on at work won't let me upload a picture onto my blog. Really, people. What good is it going to work if I can't adequately write on my blog?

No comments: