Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Dancing, Waving and Eating

I missed my Sunday or Monday blog post this week but I suppose Tuesday night is OK. Our recital was this weekend so my parents and Katie came up to see my dances and (more importantly) to see Nick in the daddy dance. My dances looked pretty good. It's interesting to see the difference between girls who perform all the time (competitions, etc) and girls who perform once a year in the recital. You could tell that the girls up here are completely scared being up on stage. Especially the older ones. They all did a good job, though. The daddy dance was fantastic, as usual. I find it hilarious that they are already planning and giving Hayley suggestions for next year. They all teased Nick for being their "super star" but let me tell you, most of those guys could really dance! Someone put the dance on youtube so I'm going to have to find it and try to link it to this page.

Alexa's new thing this week is waving. She is probably going to be super confused because we wave bye bye but we also wave hello. So I'm sure she has no idea what it means. She hasn't figured out that she has to turn her hand around so she waves at herself. It's kind of cute. :) We're still working on clapping hands and next we are going to start blowing kisses.

Did I talk about her eating last week? She is eating some finger foods like those puff things and yogurt bites but other than that I have no idea what to feed her. Obviously she is still eating her baby food but she goes through at least two tubs of those gerber things per meal. My friend at work told me that I can just give her tiny pieces of whatever we're eating but it still makes me nervous. I know I'm going to mess up and have another incident like with the penut butter! I have no problem with any form of baby care other then what to feed them. It confuses the hell out of me. I've tried to look online and in books and stuff but everything is super vauge. Not only that, everything has relatively conflicting advice. Some places say they should eat what we eat, some places say only baby food. It's all very confusing. I need an Alexa meal plan. That would be perfect. Anyone want to jump on that?!?!

No comments: