Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Why Women Should Never Have Burned Their Bras

For one thing, they provide support that even a small busted individual such as myself can appreciate. Really, who wants to be flopping around all over the place? Not I says Kristin, not I. And while I'm all for womens rights and all that crap, I'd rather just stay at home and be a mom. Don't get me wrong, I'm extremely grateful for my education. And being the relatively smart person that I am, I'm glad that I had the opprotunity to go to college, and I'm glad that my oppinion is respected at work, blah blah blah. I can understand why the women's rights people back in the day were all about it. But I have to say, I'm not. Besides, I'm a much better mom then I am a nurse (and I can be a pretty damn good nurse when I want to be). I just wish I could stay at home with Alexa during the day and then teach a bunch of dance classes in the evenings. Who wants to take care of a bunch of sick kids anyways? One of the newer nurses told me that some day Alexa will be proud that her mommy takes care of all these sick children. Ah, young, idealistic new nurses. No offense, but you are so wrong. What will really happen is that Alexa will ask "mommy, why do you have to go take care of those other kids instead of staying with me?" Good question, Lexi. I'll just go to work and be a nurse to all these super sick children and all their nastiness and then bring it right home to Alexa so that she can then get sick and then I'll feel horrible because obviously I was the carrier who gave it to her. And that is my very long drawn out reason of why I should be a stay at home mom.

No comments: