Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Top 5 Reasons Why I Will Not Be Nominated For The 2010 Mother of the Year Award

5 - Some days Alexa and I don't get out of bed until the afternoon because we are too busy cuddling.

4 - I let her fall asleep on my (or Nick's) chest every single night because we like it. And almost every day, she takes a nap on her belly.

3 - It is currently 20 degrees outside and I'm pretty positive that I don't have an extra hat, socks or blanket in the diaper bag. I have also driven to Tallahassee with no wipes (had to go to Babies-R-Us to buy some) and I have not once packed enough diapers when we go out of town.

2 - I have, on multiple occasions, taken my kid's picture until she cries. This actually happens about once a week. How else am I supposed to know if she's had enough?! And then usually when she does start crying, I calm her down and then try to take more pictures.

1 - A little background story on this one: When Nick is cooking he usually puts the raw ingredients under Alexa's nose so she can smell them (she loves pepperoni!!!). So I was making peanut butter balls a few weeks ago and totally put a big chunk of peanut butter on my finger and let her smell it. She even got a little bit on the tip of her nose. I thought I was being such a good mom stimulating all my child's senses, etc. When Nick came home and I told him about it he freaked out! I guess Alexa is officially not allergic to peanuts. Oops.

I know that (minus the nut story) it's all something that everyone has done. And I actually do think that I'm pretty good at this mothering thing. I just thought the peanut story was kind of funny. You know, since it had a positive outcome.

No comments: