Thursday, February 11, 2010

Things that are pretty annoying right now

First is a dog named Daisey. As previously discussed, she is deaf (for the most part) and her new thing to do is to whine. She's always been a pretty vocal dog even before the deafness set in so I'm not entirely surprised that she chose whining as her method of torture for me. Oh it can't be that bad, you say? No, this is not just every now and then whining when she has to go out or something like that. This is constant every time she exhales kind of a whine. At first I was kind of concerned. The nurse in me was thinking "does she have stridor? is there something wrong with her airway?" Oh no, that's not the case either. The dog is perfectly comfortable laying on her pillow (yes, that's right, I said "her" pillow) and whining. The only time when she doesn't whine is when there is someone else other than Nick or myself with her. Which I think she does so that other people won't believe us when we complain about it. She's that smart. And so far her evil plan has worked. I realize that she probably likes how the vibrations feel on her throat but this is rediculous. I'm currently weighing the pros and cons of a shock collar.

The second thing is our bread machine. Everyone knows that I do not enjoy cooking. If I could eat bread and pasta with butter and parmesan for the rest of my life, I'd be a happy girl. So, knowing my love for bread (especially the home made kind), Nick got me a bread machine for my birthday a few years ago. Of course I was intimidated by it and so we hadn't touched it until a few months ago when Nick wanted to try it out. Let me tell you the bread that he makes in that machine is increadable. I have tried a few times and for some reason my bread is just not as good. So today, I really felt like some fresh bread. I brought out the machine, followed the directions perfectly. I even sprinkled the ingredients into the bucket thing just like Nick does. And how does my bread turn out? Crappy! I just don't understand why I can't do this! It shouldn't be that complicated. You put the stuff in the machine and three and a half hours later, you have bread. Apparently that is a little too complicated for my cooking skills. Here is a picture of my nasty bread. BTW, it actually tastes pretty good and I'm still going to eat it!

No comments: