Sunday, October 19, 2008

Because I have to...


I am writing this blog because Katie, the only person that looks at this web page anyway, wants me to put something new up. Not that I don't appreciate you looking at my page every day and not that I don't appreciate the one comment you left (which was pretty rude, I have to say), but I don't have anything to talk about.

I've been working at night. It pretty much sucks because then I'm asleep all day and up all night but at least I get stuff done for the house. If you have been following my highly exciting blogs, we did get a bathtub. In case you were wondering, It's a corner tub and it extends five feet from the corner in either direction. My new thing is lighting. We went to the lighting store to discuss options for the kitchen lighting (there's a vaulted ceiling, it's just a pain) and we ended up picking out fixtures too just to see how much it would cost. Let me tell you, this shit is expensive! I'm just about ready to go to Wallmart (yes, that's right, I said Wallmart - I feel like it just brings my cheapness to a whole other level) to get ten dollar crap fixtures for everything. So needless to say, back to reality, I've been going online to try to find discount or closeout prices on the things we picked out at the store in Tallahassee. You have no idea how time consuming that is. Thank god I don't have a life because it would be in some serious trouble from the multiple hours a night I spend looking for good deals online. I can't imagine how people do this house building thing when they actually have friends! geez, I feel sorry for them!

Well that's about all I have to say for now. George came up again this weekend to work on the electricity, he said that one more weekend and he'll have it done. Ismel (sp) came over to help too, thank goodness. I appreciate him for just being there so that Nick and George don't kill each other, not to mention that he actually works when he comes and it's not even his house! Janell, if you're reading this, please reiterate to Ismel how much I appreciate him. The framers are supposedly finishing this week on stupid little things (like my fireplace, which I've had a drawing that has the exact dimentions of what they have to build up for a week and there's still nothing done on it) and the stone and the hardy board are supposed to go up sometime soon too. Other than that I'm just working and trying to plan a night when I can scrapbook instead of doing house stuff. For now I'm going to go watch "Planet Earth" on the DVR and try to go to sleep.

4 comments:

Katie said...

Thanks for writing a new blog. I appreciate it! Im sure Im not the only one reading it! Tard reads it too!!! Im glad you figured out which bathtub you wanted so that you could have the dimensions. And WALMART, seriously, seriously. All I picture is you walking through Walmart and you doing the little bit about walmart in your head and walking down the aisle laughing at your self. You know what Im talking about. lol Oh and bty there is only one L in walmart. Ok, thats it. thanks for taking more pictures! It looks really really good. I cant wait to see it in Nov.

Leslie Griffen said...

Hey, I check your blog everyday!!!

Anonymous said...

I read it too! :-)

Amy said...

Hey, I check your blog too, your house is beautiful, I'm soooo jealous of all the trees!!