Tuesday, September 2, 2008

We have walls!!!


Monday, even though it was labor day, they started putting up the walls on our house. They are called ICF walls, pretty much it's blocks of styrafoam (how do you spell that?) that get stacked up on top of one another and then they pour concrete down the center of them. It's pretty cool, they look like big 8 foot legos. Supposedly they will get them all into place with all the windows cut out, etc this week and then they will pour the concrete on Monday. Now if we can only get this rain to stop that would be great. I just came back from being over there and there are puddles where the trucks came through and the amount and the size of the mosquitos is unbelievable! They are like small birds flying around biting my legs. And of course they only bite me. Nick and I were out there this morning putting up the temporary electric pole, he got bit once or twice and I got bit like twenty times! They even bite through my clothes! I have a bite on my stomach that the thing had to go through my shirt and the elastic of my sports bra, now that's rediculous! And they're so big I feel like I can pick them off of me and throw them! Oh well, I guess I need to invest in some industrial strength bug repelant. Either that or I can put thousands of citranela candles all over the property, one or the other.

2 comments:

Leslie Griffen said...

That is great, I will be at the beach the weekend of the 19th (fri, sat, sun). not sure when u are coming but you can definetly stop by the house n have dinner, i just live 4 miles off of 19, by the manatee springs

sandrasueb said...

How exciting is that????? I dont have your email but its good to hear everything is going good with you!!!!! Keep pin touch - O and I was meaning to ask you for , I dont know a few years, what your recipe was for that steak thing you make????? Talk to you soon - hope to see you soon too