Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Orlando!!!!!!!!!


So, went to Orlando this weekend for the now annual girls weekend of Disney water fun! Which kind of turned into the weekend of shopping at Home Depot (thanks to Katie and Janell for your input!). Well, that and the weekend of trying to stay up late with no success, becoming a master cake decorator, and watching retarded dance movies (never rent Razzle Dazzle). Oh and did I mention the weekend of getting sick because thanks to Katie and Brittany, I feel like crap! haha, oh well, it was worth it I guess :) Anyway, in case you haven't figured it out, I went to Orlando to visit Katie and Janell on Thursday. We hung out, spent practically an entire day at Home Depot on Friday picking out everything for the house and then Brittany flew in Friday night. We watched that horrible movie. No, that's a lie. Katie and I watched that horrible movie, Brittany and Janell were smart and fell asleep. For some reason it was so bad, I couldn't stop watching it. Anyway, after the movie Katie and I decided to decorate Janell's birthday cake that we had made earlier. We spelled out "H. B. Nell" in sprinkles (Brittany gets full credit for the idea) because writing out "Happy Birthday Janell" would have been way too intense, even for a master cake decorator like myself. Then Katie and Tard decided to make foil ducks for the top of the cake. I made two, Katie made one and Tard made one. I have to say, they're pretty hot. I would put a picture on but Katie is a slacker on uploading her pictures onto Kodakgallery. On Saturday we went pool hopping at some of the Disney resorts. We went to the Polonesian, Grand Floridian, Contemporary and Wilderness Lodge. We went on all the slides, layed out and participated in a hula hoop contest (I won, of course...that's right!!!). We ate at the new restaurant in the Contemporary called "The Wave". It was a really cool place to go, the design was amazing but I don't think the food was worth the money. I'd much rather eat at the midprice place at the Polonesian or the Grand Floridian, actually I'd rather eat at any of the other midprice Disney restaurants that we've been to. I highly recommend it for drinks and appetizers (that crabcake was amazing!). After dinner we went back to the Grand Floridian to watch "Wishes", got chased away from our usual spot by roaches (yes, that's right, roaches in Disney World but don't worry, Janell told the front desk people), and ended up on the dock. Wishes was wonderful as usual, even without being able to hear the music and when it was over we were all ready to go back to the apt. Brittany left early Sunday morning and after yet another trip to Home Depot and some Moe's for lunch, I left too. A great weekend, like I said, when Katie decides to get her act together there will be another picture or two.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha i love that picture

Katie said...

Here is a comment! Now write a new blog