Wednesday, May 16, 2012

A Talking Fool

Do you know how Alexa hadn't been saying many words?  Did I even write about that?  She always understood and followed directions, and when she started talking she had a pretty long list of words... and then she lost them.  Her list went from 10 words to 3 words and stayed there for months.  Our pediatrician said it was OK but it still made me a little nervous.  Well, I guess she has been saving it all up or something because now she is a talking fool!  I thought about writing down a list of all the words she says but I don't know that I could remember them all.  Maybe I'll follow her around with a pad of paper and a pen one day just to catch everything that she says.  She's even putting words together and she said a three word sentence the other day!  (I know what your thinking: "I say three word sentences all the time, what's the big deal?!"  Well, congratulations, but unfortunately you aren't my kid so I really don't care.)  When my in-laws were over two weekends ago she said "I see you!"  So cute.

So my mom came up last weekend and I was pretty excited for her to hear Alexa talking.  We were in a store with Alexa in the cart and all of a sudden Lexi says (very loudly) "I go poopy!"  She had farted.  So her first official sentence was "I see you" (common, typical toddler talk) and her second official sentence was "I go poopy" (common, typical Kristin talk).  Perfect. Oh, and she still doesn't say 'Mommy' or 'mama' or 'ma' or 'mom' or anything remotely close to any of that.  To Alexa, I am known as "ugh".  And she says plenty of other things that start with M so that's not the problem either.  If you ask her where mommy is she will (usually) point to me, which, I'm not gonna lie, I'm pretty excited about.  She just started that a month or two ago.  Before she would either point to Nick or sit there looking confused.  And if you ask her to say the word 'mommy' she will say "omie" and then walk away.  No worries, Alexa.  I'm just the one who birthed you and all that.  I'm just the crazy curly haired chick who dances and sings around the house and won't leave you alone.  It's cool.  You know, she says 'Daddy' with no problem (and 'dada' and 'dad' too).  I bet they practice on the nights that I work.  It's a conspiracy.  Anyway, my mom thinks that this whole not saying mommy thing is hilarious so what does she do this past weekend?  Oh, I'm glad you asked.  She taught my daughter that my name was not 'Mommy'...it's 'Kristin'.  The whole weekend she was asking Alexa where Kristin is and to bring  this to Kristin.  Lexi hasn't called me Kristin yet, but I'm sure it's coming.  Although I suppose 'Kristin' is better then 'ugh' or 'hey you' (which, I'm sure is coming up).  Oh well, she will say mommy eventually, I suppose.  She can't live her whole life calling me 'ugh', right?

Oh!  Want more evidence that Alexa is my little clone baby?  (in an awkward, we do weird things and think it's hilarious kind of a way)  This is a picture of our new way to kiss:
It's pretty much an open mouthed touching of the top lips.  
We think it's hilarious. (Please excuse the chin fat.  I need chin-o-suction.  It's lipo for the chin - in case you didn't get that.  Oh, and an extraction of my extra eye skin.  It was really full force this day.  Obviously.)

No comments: