Saturday, November 12, 2011

The Fair, Socks and Shit


Do you like my new background?! I know, it's the middle of November and I'm already putting up Christmas stuff. Well, guess what? My house is decorated too! Besides, Christmas is awesome and Thanksgiving is kind of dumb. I mean, I appreciate the concept of being thankful and everything but I'm not a big fan of the food. Stuffing is awesome and potatoes and deserts are equally awesome but I'm not the biggest fan of turkey. And everything always seems to have nuts in it...I don't like nuts. Plus, I feel like Christmas time is so wonderful and the whole idea of not being able to decorate and listen to Christmas music until after Thanksgiving totally cuts down the potential Christmas time. I celebrate Christmas stuff starting November 1st. That's right, I'm one of those people. My Halloween stuff comes down and my Christmas stuff goes right up. I currently have Christmas music CDs in my car that Alexa and I listen to. That's right, you're jealous.


OK, so onto the actual point of this post. These past few weeks have been pretty eventful. One of my old dance students, Katie, came up to visit. We went to the fair and took Alexa into the petting zoo area. I'm not really sure if she liked it or not. I think she was in awe the whole time. She did like the chickens and roosters, though. Of course.



Like my outfit? We went right after dance and it was kind of cold outside. Nick said I looked ridiculous...especially with my Minnie mouse bag. I told him not to be so jealous.


Alexa is walking a lot more. Like, a lot. She does laps all over the house and she even started a little bit of a run, especially when she's holding some one's hand. The only problem is that apparently she only walks around us or somewhere that she feels really comfortable because she doesn't walk at daycare. When I went to go pick her up the other day they were all excited because she took 5 steps. Big deal. Oh well, I guess I should be happy that she is getting comfortable enough at day care to show them her walking skills. Our new word of the week is "sock". She says it when she wants to, which is never when anyone else is listening. But Nick, Katie and Brandi heard her say it so I have witnesses! We have worked on saying "shoe" as well because she keeps pursing her lips and making shhh noises, but whenever she actually tries to say it, it sounds like she's saying shit. Awesome. (I actually think it's pretty funny, but my mom won't) I have this little big bellied toddler walking around the house saying shit! hehehe. You can't tell me that's not even just a little bit funny!

No comments: