Thursday, July 21, 2011

Catch Up

Well, so much for blogging every week. Hmm. Well I suppose we should play catch up a little bit. We went down to Hollywood for a week which was super fun. Nick helped his dad out with a little bit of home renovations that they are doing. And by a little bit, I mean that they tore apart their entire house except for the bedrooms. Like, kitchen and bathroom down to the studs, carpet up, craziness. It's going to look great when it's done! The amount of work that Carol and George are doing is increadible and hopefully Nick was able to help put a small dent in it. My 30th birthday was on the Friday so on Saturday, they threw me a suprise party. It was a luau theme and I can honestly say that although I kind of had an idea that there would be a suprise party, it was the biggest suprise that they have ever gotten by me. I'm pretty observant (nosy, whatever).



Anyway, it was a fantastic party!!! Even some of my old dance girls came!



But the highlight, by far, was this cardboard thing. Everyone loved it, especially Tard!



While everyone was setting up for the party, Alexa and I spent the day at Grammy's house. We ate lunch, played, made pizzelle and measured Alexa on "the wall".



What is that in her hand, you ask? That is the large end of the bread loaf we gave her to chew on. And, yes, she ate the whole thing. (How could you go to Grammy's and not eat bread?!)



I just realized that by asking what's in her hand, you could have just as easily answered 'Ricky's teeth'. For some reason the child likes putting her hand in people's mouths. Kind of gross. So, yeah. The party was good. The 4th of July was typical and relatively uneventful. Family, BBQ that kind of stuff. The next day we got Alexa's ears pierced (even though mom didn't want it) by Dr. Alexander. She did great. She cried more when they put the dots on her ears then when she actually pierced them! Crazy baby! You can see one of her ears in this picture. We took it at when we were at breakfast with Nick's dad. Alexa decided to reach over, grab a piece of my french toast and smear it all over her face. Awesome.

No comments: