Monday, June 28, 2010

My Roach Story

I was just looking back on my blog posts, you know, just looking to see if anyone commented on anything...which you haven't. Sorry, I had to throw that in there. Anyway, I was looking back on the blog posts and I noticed that since we found out I was pregnant there has been pretty much nothing but pregnancy posts. Now I know you all love reading about my pregnancy complaint of the month but who wants to be a bragger? Not I. So as promised, here is a blog about the roaches.

As you all know, we live in the country. Like, full out, can't see the neighbor's house, have to stop and let the deer cross the road country. (OK, so it's not that bad. It's actually a community where everyone has 5 acres...but still country!) So as expected, there are many different...shall we say life forms...that we have to deal with. The fore mentioned deer, raccoons, fox, bears (Seriously, a bear stole our garbage one time! Nick found paw prints on his truck where the bear was looking in the windows) frogs, snakes (scary!) and apparently roaches. We had the house sprayed as it was being built and the company comes out every year to spray again as part of their guarantee. So nothing to worry about right? Wrong. Two weeks ago we were upstairs and saw a roach. It was in the unfinished bonus room so my thought was as long as they aren't in the actual house, no big deal. Plus, it was the first roach we've seen since moving in. Well a couple days after that, again while in the bonus room, another roach. OK, that was weird but again it was upstairs and both roaches were right by the opening into the actual attic. Well...in the past week there have been two roaches in the house!!! Nasty! I hate roaches, I think we should coordinate a world wide effort to kill them all (along with toads and alligators. Snakes are working their way onto that list too). And these weren't little roaches either. They were big, fat, black roaches and they looked like they could probably fly. Thank God Nick was home to get them because they are the one insect that I will run screaming in the other direction. Actually, for the first one I jumped on the couch, curled up into a ball, and put two blankets over me (including my head). Hey, they look like they could fly, remember? And the second time I took the dogs and ran into our room with them, closing two doors between us and the roach. Needless to say, Nick is calling the bug people this week. Any other insects or spiders, I kill with no problem. Lizards I pick up and put back outside. But roaches. I just can't handle that.

2 comments:

Jaime said...

What about toads!!? I don't think bleach in a bowl works on them! Fun times!

Unknown said...

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Neither does taping a salt shaker to a stick and trying to salt them to death!!!