Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I'm Back!!!

For the past month and a half we have had no internet which completely sucked because I could check my email at work but that was about it. But as of a few days ago...we can go online!!!!! It's super exciting, I feel like I'm reconnected to the world. Anyway, if it wasn't obvious, we got into the house. I have almost everything unpacked and we're pretty much at the point that I need to organize the garage a little more before we unpack anything else because most of that stuff goes in there anyways (Nick's school stuff, old dance stuff, etc.). We brought the dogs up a few weeks ago and they seem to like it. They went to the vet last Friday and he said that Minnie and Wolfie's backs are still tender but we're not going to do anything about it now. The theory is that if we give them prednisone to decrease the inflammation, they won't be careful about what they do. Pretty much, a little bit of discomfort now will save them from blowing a disc and having to have surgery later. And I'm all about no more surgery!!! Glyniss is good except for her psychotic tendencies (as diagnosed by me) and Daisy has a "pretty significant heart murmur" as per the vet so she is now on enalapril which she thinks is a special treat that I only give her. We need to have everyone's teeth cleaned except Minnie's (she just had her's done) so that will be our big summer expense. We only have to do it every two years, so it's not bad. As for Nick and I... he just finished the school year so he's enjoying his summer and I have my dance recital this weekend for studio I'm teaching at up here. I'm kind of nervous for my dances, but we'll see how it goes. It always ends up suprising me which dances do well and which ones end up looking like crap. I suppose we will see what happens. I'd put up a picture of the dogs in the new house but Nick has the camera with him in Orlando (he met Kim, Steve and the kids there). When he comes back I'll take some and put them up. Until then I'm kind of enjoying having the house with just me and the dogs (it's two in the morning and I have on every light and the tv is blaring!).

No comments: