Thursday, August 28, 2008

We Moved!


For those of you who did not know, Nick and I just recently moved to Crawfordville, FL. It's about halfway between Tallahassee and the panhandle, for those of you who don't know where that is (I would assume that's just about everyone). We have 5 acres of land that we are building our house on and in the meantime we are taking over at Nicky's house. Hopefully the house will be done in a couple of months (they said 4-5, so that puts it to be done in January) because as much as we love Nicky, living in a small room with all of our stuff kind of sucks. They actually finished pouring all of the foundation today, we had a minor set back in the form of tropical storm Faye. Between Faye and other storms, it rained here every day for two weeks, which apparently is not good when you want to lay concrete...who knew. Anyway, Nick is teaching 5th grade at Riversink Elementary (I think that's a horrible name, it sounds like someone is going to sink in a river) and I am currently orienting in the PICU at Tallahassee Memorial Hospital. Nick seems to really like his job, there is another male 5th grade teacher, which is nice for him. Someone to talk football with. The PICU at TMH is interesting so far, its very different than Joe D. A lot of things that I'm not used to and not a lot of things that I am used to. I guess it will work out in the end. Most of this for now will probably be about the house, which I know is not very interesting for most people, so I'm sorry ahead of time. I'm also sorry for how nasty this blog thing looks, I'm still trying to figure it out...

1 comment:

Leslie Griffen said...

Well you at least live closer to me now, I live in Chiefland which is off of 19. I live out in the country too!!